Jörg Hilbert plays different lutes and guitars from the baroque and renaissance period. He studied with Stanislav Goiny, Stephan Rath and Ingo Negwer and visited classes from Axel Wolf and others.
For concerts, he likes to translate and recite the lyrics to impress the (German) audience with an idea of their meaning.
- BACH: St. John Passion (BWV 245)
- BACH: St. Marc Passion / Trauerode (BWV 247, Carus – Hellmann/Glöckner)
- BACH: Christmas Oratory 1 (BWV 248)
- BACH: Cantatas BWV 36c, 61, 106, 191 and others
- BACH: Magnificat (BWV 243)
- COUPERIN: Leçons de ténèbres
- DOWLAND: Various songs (own german translations on request)
- PURCELL: Dido and Aeneas
- BUXTEHUDE: Membra Jesu nostri
- SCHÜTZ: Musikalische Exequien (SWV 279)
- SCHÜTZ: The Christmas Story (SWV 435)
- HÄNDEL: The Ways of Zion Do Mourn (HWV 264)
- Further pieces on request